Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blood Bowl: Ars Maledicta League - Cup/Match Day #4

With my loss to Full-Field Press, I honesty was afraid I was going to loose this next match as well, because it was against a Pro Elf team called the Bro Elves. My slow brute Orcs versus fast, and agile Elves. I figured I'd either be dodged all over, and passed all over, probably both to be honest. So my game plan here was to shut down the Bro Elves passing game, and just do what ever I had to, to shut down their running game as well.

Match Date: 12-08-2011


My opponent kicked the ball off to me, sadly the Elves couldn't even kick the ball past the LoS, so the ball was placed into the hands of my Thrower. I formed up my cage, and went straight up the middle of the pitch, as I figured I'd use my Black Orcs to extend the defensive range of my cage, not to mention the Elves would have a very hard time doing anything to Black Orcs. My opponent manage to KO one of my Linemen, while moving four Elves in to try to disrupt my cage.

My cage continue it's drive up the center of the pitch, and was now across the LoS, and a Black Orc managed to KO an Elf on the LoS. My opponent managed to get an Elf next to my Thrower, but wasn't able to successfully get any other players into my Throwers tackle zone. The Elves didn't seem to have the strength to stop the cage, just slow it down some.

The Elf that was next to my Thrower was quickly pushed aside by a Black Orc. I wasn't able to move my cage as far as I wanted, but still managed to get a few yards, while the rest of my team threw out some blocks, but didn't manage any injuries, or KO's. My opponent again wasn't able to stop the cage, only slow it down, however did manage to get another Elf next to my Thrower from the rear of the cage.

I managed to stun three Elves, and move the cage a few more yards. Again the Elves were drastically slowing down my cage, and it was starting to look like I wasn't going to be able to score in the first half of the game. I then suffered a turnover from an attacker down roll. My opponent didn't have much luck either as he suffered an injury that caused a turnover when an Elf failed it's Dodge roll when trying to leave the tackle box of a Black Orc.

With another Elf out of the game, and several others still laying stunned on the pitch, I was able to get a nice chunk of yards with my cage. I was now half way to the end zone on turn five. It was going to be close, but I figured I should be able to score at this point. My opponent stood up his downed players, and began moving them in between my cage, and the end zone. The Elves were determined to stop me from scoring!

My cage moved forward towards the end zone, blocking any Elves that stood in the way. However I wasn't able to get the yardage I was hoping for, and once again it looked like the Elves had slowed me down. My opponent moved three Elves in between the cage, and the end zone, while moving three other Elves to the rear of the cage, and tried to blitz into a Black Orc, however the Black Orc held strong, and the Elves only managed a push.

Once more the cage continued it's drive up the center of the pitch, but ran smack into two defending Elves. One of my Blitzers in the back made a block against an Elf Blitzer, and thanks to Side Step put the Elf Blitzer in perfect blitzing range of my Thrower! After all that work, driving the cage up the center of the pitch, my touchdown was now in serious jeopardy, as that Elf Blitzer could easy dodge out of my Orc Blitzers tackle box, and blitz into my Thrower. Sure enough my opponent went for the blitz with his Elf Blitzer, but lucky for me my Orc Blitzer kicked the Elf in the back of the head as he tried to Dodge out of the Blitzers tack box knocking the Elf to the ground!

Thanks to my opponents turnover, I blocked the two defending Elves out of the way, and my Thrower was able to easily run the ball into the end zone on turn eight scoring a touchdown. The score was 1-0 in my favor as the first half of the game came to an end.

Gob Redface Scores The First Touchdown Of The Game

I kicked the ball off to my opponent, and managed a horrible kick, just a few yards past the LoS. My opponent grabbed up the ball, and quickly formed up his defenses. I had to manged two defensive options, shut down the Elven passing game, and running game. It wasn't going to be easy. I opened up with a blitz from one of my Blitzers, and managed to get a KO on a defending Elf, while moving the rest of my team into position to throw blocks against the rest of the defending Elves, and also kept my Thrower, and my Blitzer with Tackle in the back of pitch to defend against any passes the Elves threw.

My opponent moved his Catcher down the right edge of the pitch, and stopped right beside my Thrower, along with a Lineman for protection. Then his Thrower move down along the same path as the Catcher, and went for the pass. The pass was successful, however thanks to it being Very Sunny, the Catcher failed to catch the ball causing a turnover. The ball was right at the feet of my Thrower, so I blitzed a near by Blitzer in an attempt to clear the Elves away from the ball, however the damn Blitzer tried to pick up the ball as well, and failed, causing a turnover! It was a costly mistake on my part.

My opponent moved another Elven Lineman near my Thrower, and with the help of the other Elven Lineman that was already nearby, stunned my Thrower. The Elven Catcher then blitzed into my Orc Blitzer pushing him aside, and recovered the ball, then ran straight towards the end zone, but didn't make it in. My opponent decided to err on the side of caution, and not try for a GFI. All I had in range was the Orc Blitzer that was pushed aside by the Elven Catcher, so I blitzed him into the Elven Catch hoping to knock him down, however the pesky Elf dodged the oncoming blitz right into the end zone scoring a touchdown. The game was now tied up at 1-1 with only five turns left in the second half of the game!

My opponent kicked off the ball to me, and I recovered the ball, formed up a cage, and started driving up the center of the pitch again, while one of my Black Orcs on the LoS managed to get an injury on one of the defending Elves. Amazingly, my opponent didn't move any of his players forward, in fact he moved them all backwards towards the end zone, even the defending Elves on the LoS.

I moved my cage up to the LoS within range of my four defending Black Orcs totally unopposed. I now had four turns to cross the LoS, and score another touchdown or else this game was going to end in a draw. My opponent didn't move a single player, he left them all standing in the exact same spot he'd left the last turn, honestly this move was pretty surprising to me.

It was time to go balls to the wall, I had to smash through the Eleven defense, and score! Three of my Black Orcs moved into blocking range of the Elven defenders, while a fourth blitzed into an Elven Lineman pushing him aside, I moved my Blitzer defended cage right up behind my Black Orcs, while being supported by my Linemen. My opponent fired back with two of his defending Elves, however only managed to get a push on an Orc Blitzer.

I continued to smash through the Elven defense, as a Orc Blitzer blitzed, and managed to KO a defending Elf. This opened a nice hole on the left side of the pitch, and I was able to get my cage half way to the end zone with only one turn left for me to score after this one. A Black Orc on the other side of the pitch also managed to get another KO on a defending Elf. On my opponents last turn he fired back, and fired back hard! He managed to open up my cage, and with a blitz from a nearby Elven Blitzer hit my Thrower, Dump-Off was a success, but the near by Orc Blitzer that was supposed to catch it failed to do so, and the ball fell to the ground near his feet.

It was my final turn, the last turn of the game, and I honestly didn't know what the hell I was going to do to score. I had to pull out a miracle play if I was going to win. I studied the situation for a few seconds, and it finally came to me, I was going to need the blessing of Nuffle if I was going to pull it off!

WARNING: The following paragraph could cause major euphoria, which may in turn may cause an erection of enormous proportion. Should the erection last longer than four hours, seek immediate medical attention from your Doctor!  

The ball was at the feet of one of my Orc Blitzers, and I needed to dodge out of the tackle box of an Elven defender to move, and he did so! Then he had to make a GFI to get into the end zone, and he did so! I could not believe this was working so far! My Thrower then moved up, and recovered the ball thanks to Sure Hands, and now I had to pass the ball to the Orc Blitzer in the end zone with coverage! I passed the ball with a Perfect Launch, and my Orc Blitzer caught it! I could not believe I pulled off this play, hell either could my opponent. It was fucking awesome! It was by far the best play I'd managed in my entire Blood Bowl carrier, I'd even have to go as far as to say it was probably one of the best plays in the Ars Maledicta League so far.

 Gob Redface Passes The Ball To Gabth Broketoof

Gabth Broketoof Catches The Game Winning Touchdown Pass

If you want to see the pass in action, you can check it out on my YouTube channel!

With a successful passing catch, I scored another touchdown on the last turn of the game, bringing the score to 2-1 in my favor. That winning catch had me excited all damn night, I just couldn't believe that I pulled it off. With that win, the Orkago Boars moved back into second place in the league!

Current Standings:

1) Sneaky Jerks (Skaven)
2) Orkago Boars (Orcs)
3) Full-Field Press (Ogres)
4) Bro Elves (Elves)
5) Horn 'n' Scorn (Chaos)
6) Ashes & Dust (Undead)
7) Flaming Geckos (Lizardmen)
8) Graveyard Hex (Necromantic)
9) Night Dragonnes (Dark Elves)
10) Bestigor Freebooters (Chaos)

No comments:

Post a Comment