Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blood Bowl: Ars Maledicta League - Cup/Match Day #2

Once again, it's game time! 

It's day two of the Ars Maledicta Blood Bowl League, and I'm facing off against a Chaos team named the Bestigor Freebooters. Now I've played against Chaos teams before, and even played Orcs against Chaos in a previous match up in the Naggaroth Open, so I was well aware of my advantages (Thrower, Block, AV9), and that it was going to be a bash fest, which is exactly why this game was nicknamed the Battle of the Beasts.

Match Date: 12-04-2011
  

I received the ball, and started forming up my cage with my Blitzers, sadly I had to burn a re-roll on the first damn turn, because my Thrower wasn't able to pick the ball up. He must have still had grease on his hands from eating a Big Moot Sandwich earlier before the match! With the cage formed I started bashing away at the Chaos LoS, I was only able to get a push, and stun before one of my Black Orcs rolled a both down. My opponent seemed to be having better luck as it looked like he was going to stun my entire LoS, until he rolled an attacker down with a Beastman, who caused a turnover, and suffered a KO at the same time.

I stood up all my stunned players, and continued to move my cage up the left hand side of the pitch as this was the weakest point in my opponents defense. My opponent moved another Beastman over to attempt to stop the cage, while a Chaos Warrior rolled a both down on the LoS, and suffered a KO himself. Sadly I misclicked while trying to move one of my Black Orcs, and he was stunned as he tried to leave the tackle box of a Chaos Warrior!

My opponent moved another Beastman to try to stop my cage, and also tried to bust through the LoS, and flank my cage, but my defense held strong. The cage itself made short work of the four defending Beastmen, and I was able to run my Thrower into the end zone for the touchdown, bringing the score to 1-0 in my favor. My opponent received the kick off, recovered the ball with a Beastman, and tried for a short pass to gain some SPP, but failed to do so. With that turnover, the first half of the game came to an end.

 Gob Redface Spikes The Ball After Scoring The First Touchdown

With half-time over, I kicked the ball off to my opponent who recovered the ball with a Beastman, and again went for a short pass, but fumbled the ball in the process causing a turnover. The right hand side of the LoS was wide open, with three players still knocked out, my opponent wasn't able to muster a solid defense on the LoS. I took full advantage of the situation, and sent two Linemen, and two Blitzers in, bringing myself with in four squares of the ball. This would force my opponent to recover the ball, and move it to the left side of the pitch where I'd already busted through the LoS on that side as well.

My opponent did exactly as I thought he would, he recovered the ball, and ran to the left side of the pitch trying to avoid my oncoming players. He formed up a cage with three Beastmen, however without a fourth player, the cage was exposed in the rear (hehe, he said exposed in the rear), and when my turn came around I was able to surround my opponents cage entirely and get his ball carrying Beastman into two of my players tackle boxes. Needless to say, that Beastman didn't hold onto the ball for very long, and it was fumbled right in front of one of my Black Orcs, and Lineman.

I quickly pushed, and stunned away any of my opponents players that were even remotely near the ball. With the ball solidly secure, I ran my Thrower up to recover it, and started moving him towards the end zone while being protected by a cage of Blitzers again. My opponent tried to defend, but Nuffle wouldn't have it, and a turnover was caused from a attacker down roll, sending a Beastman off to the CAS box with an injury. Ball in hand, my Thrower was able to run it into the end zone again scoring another touchdown, the score was now 2-0 in my favor.

 Gob Redface Spikes The Ball After Scoring The Second Touchdown

I kicked the ball off to my opponent. Seeing their team loosing the game, some disgruntled fans rushed onto the field, and killed the referee in the hopes that a new referee would somehow change the outcome of the game. Naturally it didn't work, and my opponent recovered the ball on his last turn, and went for a short pass once more to try to gain some SPP, this time the pass was a success. There wasn't much my opponent could do, but bash away in the hopes of gaining more SPP, but a attacker down roll quickly brought my opponents last turn to an end. I went for a few blocks myself trying to score some more SPP, but wasn't able to gain anything significant.

The game was over, and I'd managed to secure another victory with my Orcs. I'd gained enough SPP to level up two Orcs. My Thrower, and a Blitzer. The Thrower I gave Dump-Off to since he was doing a lot more running, than passing, and my Blitzer gained Tackle. I also gained enough cash to purchase another Lineman for my team. With this win, I moved up to second place in the league.

Current Standings

1) Sneaky Jerks (Skaven)
2) Orkago Boars (Orcs)
3) Full-Field Press (Ogres)
4) Bro Elves (Elves)
5) Ashes & Dust (Undead)
6) Horn 'n' Scorn (Chaos)
7) Night Dragonnes (Dark Elves)
8) Graveyard Hex (Necromantic)
9) Flaming Geckos (Lizardmen)
10) Bestigor Freebooters (Chaos)

My next game I'm taking on an Ogre team named Full-Field Press. Now Ogre teams normally don't do well their first season, they just hurt people, and hurt them bad. However this Ogre team was doing really impressive so far. In their week two game, Full-Field Press played Horn 'n' Scorn, and absolutely destroyed them!  At the end of the game there were eight members of Horn 'n' Scorn in the CAS box, seven injured, and one dead. Below is a picture of the CAS box, should I be worried? Honestly, I really wasn't sure.

 That's One Scary CAS Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment